Financial assistance and incentives
What we do
- Develop policy directions for universities and colleges of applied arts and technology.
- Plan and administer policies related to basic and applied research in this sector.
- Authorize universities to grant degrees.
- Distribute provincial funds to colleges and universities.
- Provide financial assistance to postsecondary school students.
- Register private career colleges.
Agencies, boards and commissions
The ministry is affiliated with the following independent agencies:
- Postsecondary Education Quality Assessment Board
- Boards of Governors of Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology
- University foundations
The ministry administers the following legislation:
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act
- Higher Education Quality Council Act
- Indigenous Institutes Act
- Ontario College of Art & Design Act
- Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology Act
- Post-secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act
- Private Career Colleges Act
- University Expropriation Powers Act
- University Foundations Act
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology Act
Updated: November 16, 2022
Published: October 13, 2016