Financial assistance and incentives
What we do
- Develop policy directions for universities and colleges of applied arts and technology.
- Plan and administer policies related to basic and applied research in this sector.
- Authorize universities to grant degrees.
- Distribute provincial funds to colleges and universities.
- Provide financial assistance to postsecondary school students.
- Register private career colleges.
Ministry of Colleges and Universities
438 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M7A 2A5
Minister, media and news
Agencies, boards and commissions
The ministry is affiliated with the following independent agencies:
- Postsecondary Education Quality Assessment Board
- Boards of Governors of Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology
- University foundations
The ministry administers the following legislation:
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act
- Higher Education Quality Council Act
- Indigenous Institutes Act
- Ontario College of Art & Design Act
- Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology Act
- Post-secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act
- Private Career Colleges Act
- University Expropriation Powers Act
- University Foundations Act
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology Act
Updated: April 28, 2023
Published: October 13, 2016