To use ONT-TAXS online, your business or the business you represent, needs to:
- be registered with the Ministry of Finance
- have a ONe-key account (i.e. ID and password)
- be enrolled to use ONT-TAXS online.
Your business can also give your employees or representatives (external accountants or bookkeepers) access to ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your business.
To Sign Up for ONT-TAXS Online:
1. Submit the ONT-TAXS online Contact of Information form
Identify who in your business will be your ONT-TAXS online Administrator and then complete and submit the Contact of Information form to receive the information your business needs to start using ONT-TAXS online.
The Administrator can be a signing officer, director, partner or sole proprietor of your organization or you can appoint an individual to be your Administrator and be responsible for ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your business.
2. Receive your Web Access Code and PIN in the mail
You will need this information to access ONT-TAXS online through ONe-key.
3. Register for ONe-key
ONe-key verifies your identity and allows you to securely do business with the Government of Ontario online. Register for a ONe-key account by creating an ID and password.
4. Complete ONT-TAXS online enrolment
After creating your ONe-key account, you will complete the ONT-TAXS online enrolment through ONe-key.
Here's how to do it:
- Login to ONe-key
- Select ONT-TAXS online from the listing of All Available Services
- Enter the Web Access Code you received in the mail
- Continue with the enrollment process by entering:
- the PIN you received in the mail
- your Account Number
- your last tax payment/refund amount. If you have never made a payment or received a refund, use the activation code provided on the letter with your web access code.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use for ONT-TAXS online
- Create your ONT-TAXS online profile
Once enrolled for ONT-TAXS online, the Administrator can provide access to their representatives. As a representative, you can manage your clients' accounts with the Ministry of Finance using ONT-TAXS online.
Register as a representative
If the business you represent uses ONT-TAXS online and you would like to sign up as an ONT-TAXS online representative:
- Call the ministry at (
1-866-668-8297) to be registered as a representative
- You will be issued a Web Access Code and PIN
- Set up your ONe-key account and access ONT-TAXS online as outlined above
- Provide your clients with your Web Access Code to allow them to add you as their ONT-TAXS online representative
If you need assistance or are having problems enrolling, please call (