Fresh tender fruit and green tea spritzer will fuel and refresh you. Prepare the night before to be ready to enjoy it throughout the day. Ontario Maple Syrup combined with the juice from the peaches and plums rounds out the sometimes bitter flavour of green tea. Garnish with mint leaves if desired.
Standing Time: up to 1 hour
- 2 cups (500 mL) boiling water
- 2 cups (500 mL) room temperature water
- 4 tea bags, Jasmine tea or green tea
- 4 sprigs of fresh Ontario Mint
- 3 Ontario Plums, pitted and sliced
- 2 Ontario Peaches or Nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 3 cups (750 mL) ice cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) chilled soda water
In large heatproof container, combine boiling and room temperature waters. Add tea bags; let steep for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Discard tea bags.
Pour tea into glass pitcher. Add mint sprigs, plums, peaches and maple syrup; stir. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
To serve, place 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice in glass (or enough to fill halfway). Top with tea mixture until three-quarters full, ensuring some fruit and mint sprig in each glass. Top last one-quarter of glass with soda water.
- PROTEIN: 1 gram
- FAT: 0 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 16 grams
- CALORIES: 66
- FIBRE: 1 gram
- SODIUM: 0 mg