Fruit smoothies are a filling and energizing start to the day…even when you’re not rushed for time. When you’re on the run, tote this along in a thermal cup to keep it deliciously cool.
- 4 large Ontario Peaches, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain yogurt (or almond milk)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) almond or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) ice cubes (about 8)
- Ontario Blueberries and Strawberries
In blender, place peaches, yogurt, honey, nut butter, oats, vanilla and cinnamon. Add ice cubes; blend on high until smooth, stirring if needed to combine the ice and fruit. Garnish with skewered blueberries and strawberries. Serve immediately.
Go Green: Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh Ontario Blueberries, 2 large slivered Ontario Kale Leaves (or a handful of Ontario Spinach). Substitute vanilla and cinnamon with 3 fresh Ontario Basil Leaves.
Make it Melon: Add 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario Muskmelon and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated fresh gingerroot.
Ontario Peaches are available from July to September.
Nutrients per serving
(Makes 4 cups/1 L):
- PROTEIN: 4 grams
- FAT: 6 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 28 grams
- CALORIES: 177
- FIBRE: 3 grams
- SODIUM: 25 mg