There's no better sauce to serve with pork than this one prepared with an often-overlooked Springtime treat. Rhubarb tartness will compliment roast pork at a special Easter dinner celebration.
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped Ontario Rhubarb
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 Ontario Apple, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
In medium saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, water, apple, raisins and gingerroot. Cook, covered, on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until thickened and fruit has softened. Stir in salt, cinnamon and cloves. Pour into sterilized jars and keep refrigerated for up to 1 month.
- 1 Serving (2 tbsp/30 mL)
- Protein: 0.0 grams
- Fat: 0.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 grams
- Calories: 34