O. Reg. 140/96: APPEAL PROCEEDINGSSkip to content
|current||April 11, 1996 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Agricultural Products Insurance Act, 1996
ONTARIO REGULATION 140/96
Consolidation Period: From April 11, 1996 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The Crop Insurance Arbitration Board is continued under the name Crop Insurance Appeal Board in English and Commission d’appel de l’assurance-récolte in French. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 1 (1).
(2) The Board consists of the members appointed to the Ontario Drainage Tribunal under section 98 of the Drainage Act and has the same chair and vice-chairs as the Tribunal. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 1 (2).
2. The Board has exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all disputes between the Commission and an insured person arising out of the adjustment of a loss under a contract of insurance. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 2.
3. (1) If the Commission and an insured person have failed to resolve any dispute arising out of the adjustment of a loss under a contract of insurance and have complied with all requirements respecting the filing of proof of loss forms, either party may appeal the matter in dispute to the Board. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 3 (1).
(2) To appeal the matter in dispute, the appellant shall file a notice of appeal with the Board and send a copy of the notice to the other party within one year of filing the proof of loss form. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 3 (2).
(3) Where a party has appealed in accordance with subsection (2), the Board shall fix a day, a time and a place for considering the matter in dispute and hearing the parties, and shall notify the parties accordingly. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 3 (3).
(4) On the day, and at the time and place so fixed, the Board shall hear the evidence of the parties respecting the matter in dispute, and shall make a decision on the matter. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 3 (4).
4. The Board may sit at any place in Ontario. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 4.
5. (1) A quorum for the Board is two members, one of whom is the chair or a vice-chair. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 5 (1).
(2) The decision of a majority of the members present and constituting a quorum is the decision of the Board. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 5 (2).
(3) A decision of the Board is final. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 5 (3).
6. Subject to this Regulation, the practice and procedure of the Board shall be as provided for in the Statutory Powers Procedure Act. O. Reg. 140/96, s. 6.
7. Omitted (revokes other Regulations). O. Reg. 140/96, s. 7.