If you are a senior or someone living with a disability, there are many community support services available to help you live comfortably in your own home.

Some services are offered by not-for-profit organizations funded by government, and others may be operated by private organizations. Some services may be paid for by government, and some services are provided for a fee.


May vary by location:

  • acquired brain injury services
  • adult day programs
  • Alzheimer disease and related dementias
  • blindness and impaired vision
  • care for the caregiver
  • congregate dining
  • deafness and impaired hearing
  • foot care
  • friendly visiting
  • home help and homemaking
  • hospice care
  • meal delivery services
  • palliative care education and consultation programs
  • personal emergency response systems
  • personal support and independence training
  • respite care
  • seniors intervention and assistance services
  • service arrangement and coordination
  • social and recreational programs for seniors
  • supportive housing
  • telephone reassurance and security checks
  • transportation for seniors and people with disabilities

When to use this option

When you or a loved one need support to continue living at home.


You do not need a referral to use most Community Support Services. However, Community Services that are eligible for government funding support may require a referral from a Home and Community Care Support Services organization.


Call Community Support Services to book an appointment.

Search for a Community Support Service in your area


Most Community Support Services are provided for a service fee. Please see the service profile or contact the Community Support Service for more information.

However, you may be eligible for government funding for some Community Support Services. Please contact your local Home and Community Care Support Services organization for more information.

Other options

Home and community care