COVID-19: data for asymptomatic testing of students and school staff
Review data about asymptomatic COVID‑19 testing conducted at participating schools and pharmacies from February 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021. Please note that this page is only provided for archival purposes.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Summary of asymptomatic rapid antigen testing at pharmacies
This is a summary of COVID‑19 rapid antigen testing conducted at participating pharmacies in Ontario since March 27, 2021.
Pharmacies report this data to the Ministry of Education every Wednesday. The numbers are based on data from the previous seven days.
Last updated: October 13 at 10:30 a.m.
|Total number of tests conducted in the last seven days||Cumulative number of tests conducted||Number of cases identified in the last seven days||Cumulative number of cases identified|
Summary of asymptomatic testing in schools
This is an overview of COVID‑19 testing in Ontario schools. This testing is voluntary for students, children and staff with no symptoms (asymptomatic).
This data includes all tests that have been reported to the Ministry of Education since February 1, 2021. School boards and other testing partners report to the Ministry every Wednesday based on data from the previous seven days.
Some school boards may host testing at one location for students, children and staff from other schools and boards in the community. The data below is reported by the host school board. Where school boards have partnered to test, individual board results will not be displayed. A list of participating school boards is below.
Last updated: July 9 at 10:30 a.m.
|School boards or regions||Number of schools invited to participate in the last seven days||Total number of tests conducted in the last seven days||Cumulative number of tests conducted||Number of new cases identified in the last seven days||Cumulative number of cases identified|
|Algoma District School Board||0||0||11||0||0|
|Avon Maitland District School Board||0||0||89||0||0|
|Bluewater District School Board||0||0||74||0||0|
|Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board||0||0||194||0||2|
|Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board||0||0||53||0||0|
|Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario||0||0||320||0||0|
|Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir||0||0||259||0||4|
|Conseil scolaire catholique Providence||0||0||543||0||6|
|Conseil scolaire de district catholique du Nouvel-Ontario||0||0||6||0||0|
|Conseil scolaire Viamonde||0||0||120||0||1|
|District School Board of Niagara||0||0||899||0||8|
|Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board||0||0||1,342||0||22|
|Durham Catholic District School Board||21||20||1,878||0||14|
|Durham District School Board||0||0||3,047||0||18|
|Grand Erie District School Board||0||0||95||0||1|
|Greater Essex County District School Board||0||0||77||0||0|
|Halton Catholic District School Board||0||0||2,731||0||18|
|Halton District School Board||0||0||2,220||0||7|
|Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board||0||0||1,381||0||17|
|Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board||0||0||1,953||0||16|
|Huron Perth Catholic District School Board||0||0||145||0||0|
|Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board||0||0||9||0||0|
|Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board||0||0||849||0||4|
|Keewatin-Patricia District School Board||0||0||57||0||0|
|Lambton Kent District School Board||0||0||316||0||1|
|Limestone District School Board||0||0||449||0||0|
|London District Catholic School Board||7||1||359||0||0|
|Niagara Catholic District School Board||0||0||407||0||0|
|Peel District School Board||0||0||4,951||0||75|
|Penetanguishene Protestant Separate School Board||0||0||39||0||0|
|Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board||0||0||877||0||7|
|Rainbow District School Board||0||0||920||0||0|
|Renfrew County Catholic District School Board||0||0||258||0||0|
|Renfrew County District School Board||0||0||274||0||0|
|Simcoe County District School Board||0||0||1,706||0||5|
|Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board||0||0||1,345||0||3|
|St Clair Catholic District School Board||0||0||70||0||0|
|Sudbury Catholic District School Board||0||0||631||0||0|
|Superior-Greenstone District School Board||0||0||4||0||0|
|Thames Valley District School Board||0||0||700||0||4|
|Trillium Lakelands District School Board||0||0||608||0||0|
|Upper Canada District School Board||0||0||418||0||0|
|Upper Grand District School Board||0||0||728||0||2|
|Waterloo Catholic District School Board||0||0||278||0||0|
|Waterloo Region District School Board||0||0||1,188||0||1|
|Wellington Catholic District School Board||0||0||464||0||1|
|Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board||0||0||443||0||0|
|York Catholic District School Board||0||0||430||0||10|
|York Region District School Board||0||0||1,727||0||8|
Notes about the data
- The total number of tests conducted in the last seven days includes polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and rapid antigen tests. Learn about the difference between PCR and rapid antigen tests.
- The number of new cases identified in the last seven days includes positive and presumptive positive cases. Presumptive cases are a positive rapid antigen test or a positive rapid PCR testing that is waiting for a lab-based PCR test to confirm the results.
- In some cases, household members, people with symptoms, students who are in cohorts that have been dismissed due to COVID‑19 cases, or close contacts may be invited to a testing site. The number of cases reported on this page may include asymptomatic and symptomatic testing conducted in schools and the test results are not absolutely conclusive.
- On October 13, 2021, cumulative totals were adjusted in the table above and on the Open Data Catalogue after a data quality check.
Find data about:
List of participating school boards
The following school boards have worked in partnership in their region to offer asymptomatic testing for students, children and staff in their community and may share host duties. The summary of targeted testing conducted in schools is reported by host school board and includes data from all of the partnering boards.
- Avon Maitland District School Board, Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique du Centre-Est de l’Ontario, Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario, Renfrew County Catholic District School Board, Renfrew County District School Board
- Conseil scolaire du district catholique du Nouvel-Ontario, Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l'Ontario
- Durham Catholic District School Board, Durham District School Board
- Greater Essex County District School Board, Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board, Conseil scolaire Viamonde, Conseil scolaire catholique Providence
- Ottawa Region: Conseil scolaire de district catholique du Centre-Est de l’Ontario, Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario, Ottawa Catholic District School Board, Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- Renfrew County Catholic District School Board, Renfrew County District School Board
- St. Clair Catholic School Board, Lambton Kent District School Board, Conseil scolaire Viamonde, Conseil scolaire catholique Providence
- Toronto Region: Conseil scolaire Viamonde, Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir, Toronto Catholic District School Board, Toronto District School Board
- Upper Grand District School Board, Wellington Catholic District School Board
- Waterloo Catholic District School Board, Waterloo Region District School Board