COVID-19 and workplace health and safety
Get information to help develop a plan to protect workers, customers and the public from COVID‑19. Find tools and guidance for Ontario workplaces.
Develop a workplace safety plan
It’s important that employers have a plan for how they will protect againsttransmission in their workplace. This will help all businesses across Ontario to stay open and safe.
The workplace safety plan builder will lead you through an easy three-step process to help you develop a customized plan for your business. It will help you think through some of the risks in your workplace and choose the actions you are taking to make your workplace safer.
Learn more about developing a safety plan for .
Know your responsibilities as an employer
Make sure you understand and comply with all requirements:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, the health and safety rights and duties of everyone in the workplace
- Employment Standards Act, minimum standards of employment including job-protected leaves
- Provincial and local public health measures and requirements
General resources for all workplaces
- Using masks in the workplace
- Screening for COVID‑19: guidance for employers
- Meal and break periods at work
- COVID‑19 vaccines and workplace health and safety
Depending on your sector, there may be specific situations you will need to consider and steps you should take to protect yourself and your workers. Use the resources here to refine your workplace safety plan.
Sector specific guidance
- Restaurants and food services
- Public transit agencies and passengers
- Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA) – Resources for construction, electrical, utilities, aggregates, natural gas, ready-mix concrete and transportation sectors
- Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA) – Resources for Ontario’s public and broader public sector employers
- Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) – Resources for manufacturing, agricultural and service sectors
- Workplace Safety North (WSN) - Resources for the mining and forest products industries, as well as businesses across northern Ontario
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers (OHCOW)
- Workers Health and Safety Centre (WHSC)
Find PPE and sanitization suppliers
If you need personal protective equipment (PPE) and other supplies to keep your employees and customers safe, you can access the Workplace PPE Supplier Directory. You can also access our guide to using masks in the workplace to help ensure you select the right type of masks for your employees.
Other supports for businesses
Learn about changes to government programs and available supports as your business recovers from.
Business information line
If you represent an Ontario business and have questions about
This information line will support Ontario businesses with questions about the province's emergency orders, at-risk workplaces or recommendations by Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Help is available from Monday to Sunday, from 8:30 a.m.―5:00 p.m.