Help shape Ontario’s health care system
Whether you’re a patient, family member, caregiver – or simply interested in health care – we want your input on health care decisions that affect Ontarians.
Here’s how you can get involved.
On this page Skip this page navigation
We want you to tell us how we can change and improve Ontario’s health system. Your input will help us:
- improve quality, safety and the health care experience of patients, families and caregivers
- make sure programs and policies reflect patients’, families’ and caregivers’ needs
- improve how patients, families and caregivers access, understand and use information and services to make health care decisions
Become a virtual patient advisor to the province
The Ministry of Health engages more than 1,000 patient advisors across the province through a virtual pool.
When you sign up to become a virtual patient advisor through this pool, you may:
- be asked for your feedback on certain policies and programs that affect patients, families and caregivers
- be invited to participate in patient, family and caregiver engagement opportunities
About the Minister’s Patient and Family Advisory Council
The Minister’s Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC):
- advises government on key health care priorities that have an impact on patient care and experiences
- drives meaningful changes to provincial programs and policies
- helps inform health care planning in Ontario
- Moving Forward Together: Transforming Care Through Partnership and Engagement 2021-22 Report highlights the impact and importance of genuine partnership, engagement and co-design with patients, families and caregivers in shaping the future of health care in Ontario.
- The Chair and Council continue to advise on opportunities to advance partnership and engagement with patients, families and caregivers and co-design health care policy and programming within Ontario’s health care system.
Find the full list of current council appointees.
If you have questions about the Minister’s PFAC, please email email@example.com.