Hire a young person
Hire a young person through Employment Service, Youth Job Connection or Youth Job Connection Summer – see how these programs can benefit you as an employer and learn more about new financial incentives for small businesses.
On this page Skip this page navigation
How it works
As an employer, you benefit from hiring a young person.
You could get:
- an employee who is ready to work and has completed workshops to help prepare them for the workplace
- job coaches who provide ongoing support to you and your employee
- financial incentives to help with costs of hiring and training youth through the:
- financial incentives to provide on-the-job training for participants in job placements through the Employment Service program
- a placement incentive to hire, register, and train an apprentice through the Apprenticeship Employer Signing Bonus
- additional financial help to offset training costs
To hire a young person, you must:
- prove you are licensed to operate in Ontario
- comply with workplace, human rights and labour legislation
- have workplace safety and liability insurance
- offer job opportunities taking place in Ontario
Who does not qualify
If you're already getting other government financial support for a particular position, you don't qualify.
How to hire
To hire a young person through Employment Service or Youth Job Connection and to start your application, request an appointment with an Employment Ontario job coach.
You can also contact Employment Ontario by:
- Chat with us live, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET