Northern Ontario business advisory services
Learn about the support available to help you access funding and grow your business.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Business advisory services
Our northern development advisors provide information and advice to businesses in Northern Ontario in the following areas:
- strategic business planning and development strategies
- helping source new ideas, products and services
- adopting new technology to help increase profits and reduce costs
- developing domestic and export markets
- business financing
- improving competitiveness
- access to federal, provincial and municipal programs
- identifying emerging markets and development opportunities
- networking to enhance competitiveness and profitability
- making connections with other people and resources that can support their growth
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) is a government agency providing grants and loans for projects that create jobs and encourage economic growth in Northern Ontario.
We can help your company apply to NOHFC funding programs by providing support throughout the application process, or by directing you to other government staff who can help you apply.
Apply for NOHFC grants and loans programs online at nohfc.ca.
Small Business Enterprise Centres
We provide oversight and funding administration to seven provincial Small Business Enterprise Centres (SBECs) located in larger urban centres in the region. Our services complement those offered through SBECs, which can provide more detailed advice on business planning, including:
- giving you the tools and information you need to start and grow a business
- helping you prepare to apply for funding through a government business support program
Our northern development advisors live and work in communities across Northern Ontario.