Learn about Ontario's secure, simple, and free online tax service for businesses.
ONT-TAXS online upgrade
Beginning October 3, 2022, ONT-TAXS online is no longer using the ONe-key login service. All ONT-TAXS online users are required to register for a new login service to continue accessing their ONT-TAXS online accounts.
Visit the new login page to complete the registration process and access your ONT-TAXS online accounts.
ONT-TAXS online will be unavailable from 9:00 a.m. (EDT) on Saturday, October 8, 2022. Regular service will resume at 7:00 a.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, October 11, 2022. We apologize for any inconvenience
On this page Skip this page navigation
With ONT-TAXS online, you can access your business tax accounts from the convenience of your computer, tablet, or mobile device to:
- file your tax returns
- make payments on your tax account(s)
- view and update your account information
- give your employees or representatives (such as external accountants or bookkeepers) access to your ONT-TAXS online accounts
- communicate securely with the Ministry of Finance
- request International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) decals
- order raw leaf tobacco markers
ONT-TAXS online saves time, reduces paper and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
ONT-TAXS online lets you sign-in quickly and securely to your business tax accounts using a My Ontario Account or Government Sign-In by Verified.Me.
To provide enhanced security, ONT-TAXS online requires a multi-factor authentication process each time you sign-in.
In addition to your password, you will receive a one-time passcode over email to complete the sign-in process.
Programs and services
The following programs and services are supported through ONT-TAXS:
- Beer, Wine and Spirit Taxes
- Corporations Tax (CT) Insurance Premium Tax
- Employer Health Tax
- Fuel Tax
- Gasoline Tax
- Hydro Payment in Lieu
- International Fuel Tax Agreement, decal renewals and requests for additional decals
- Mining Tax
- Retail Sales Tax (RST) Insurance Premium
- Tobacco Tax
- Raw Leaf Tobacco, order markers and submit forms
Sign-up for ONT-TAXS online
Getting started with ONT-TAXS online is easy.
To sign-up for ONT-TAXS online, you can either use:
- your email address and a secure password to create a My Ontario Account
- your banking credentials to login through Government Sign-In by Verified.me
Information you will need
To complete the registration process, you will need your:
- 15-digit business number/identification number
- Account type
- Business legal name
- Last tax payment or refund amount or Letter ID
An ONT-TAXS online administrator is the individual in your business responsible for managing ONT-TAXS online.
You can provide the ministry with your contact information to become the administrator, or you can appoint an individual to be your administrator and use ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your organization.
Your ONT-TAXS online administrator will have online access to:
- file tax returns for your Ontario business tax accounts
- set up pre-authorized debit (PAD) agreements using Canadian bank accounts (to make your tax payments)
- provide access to employees and representatives to use ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your business
- update your business' legal name, head office address and mailing address
- make tax payments through any of the PAD agreements
- request refunds of overpayment of tax
- view up to four years of history for your Ontario business tax account(s) including Debt Retirement Charge and Gross Revenue Charge
- communicate electronically with the ministry
- view PDF copies of most correspondence issued to your business from the ministry
The administrator information must be authorized by you as a signing officer, director, partner, or sole proprietor of your organization.
Your ONT-TAXS online administrator also controls which accounts your employees or representatives can access.
As a representative, you can manage your clients’ accounts using ONT-TAXS online. Your client needs to have an ONT-TAXS online account and add you as their representative.
Register as a representative
Before your clients can authorize you to use ONT-TAXS online on their behalf, you need to sign-up as a representative with the Ministry of Finance by calling
Your clients need your Web Access Code from your ONT-TAXS online profile to add you as their ONT-TAXS online representative.
When you are authorized to use ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your client, you will also be authorized to conduct business by mail or telephone. This authorization is limited to the same level of access that was assigned to you in ONT-TAXS online by your client.
Other online services
Register your business
You can register or renew your business name, get a Master Business License and, if eligible, apply for additional accounts with different government bodies.
To register for federal programs (for example, HST, payroll deductions, corporate income tax and import-export program), please visit Canada Revenue Agency's Business Registration Online.
Change your business address
You can update your business address, mailing address or phone number attached to your Corporations Tax, Employer Health Tax, or Retail Sales Tax accounts through ServiceOntario. If you are a registered ONT-TAXS online user, you can update information on your returns.
Important: To change business ownership information, please call the ministry at
Close your account
You can use the Change of Business Information service to close your Retail Sales Tax, Employer Health Tax, Harmonized Sales Tax and Corporate Income Tax accounts.
Make tax payments
In addition to ONT-TAXS online, you can use your financial institution's website to pay your Corporations Tax, Employer Health Tax and Retail Sales Tax. The Ministry of Finance does not charge or receive a fee for this service.
To find out more, visit the website of your bank or financial institution.
For inquiries about ONT-TAXS online, you can reach us by:
Customer service hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.