Office hours and service

Ontario Works office hours vary from one office to another. Please contact your Ontario Works office to find out their current business hours.

Monthly payments

If you usually pick up payments from your Ontario Works office, you should contact the office for instructions. If you receive payments by cheque, consider switching to direct bank deposit payment or a reloadable payment card. Contact your Ontario Works office to ask how to make the switch.

Reporting your income

Make sure you report your income by the due date each month to avoid any interruption in your payments. You may use the MyBenefits online service, mail, or fax. You can also call the office, and if you don't reach your caseworker you can leave a voice message with your member ID or name and date of birth. Please contact the office if you have any questions about how or when to report your income.

Help with transportation costs for vaccinations

If you need money to cover transportation costs for you or your family to get COVID‑19 vaccinations, speak with your caseworker.

Benefits and special allowances

If your Special Diet Allowance, health or other recurring benefit is expiring, or if you need a new health benefit such as diabetic supplies or glasses for a child, or other assistance, please contact your local office.

If you can't get in to see a healthcare practitioner, we will help you complete the relevant form.

Apply for ODSP

We continue to process Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) applications. If you think you are eligible for ODSP, please advise your Ontario Works office.

Internal reviews and appeals

If you disagree with a decision, you can ask for an internal review. If you disagree with the decision from the internal review, you may be able to appeal it through the Social Benefits Tribunal (SBT).

For questions about an SBT appeal, contact the SBT at Toll-free: 1-800-753-3895, Toll-free TTY: 1-800-855-0511, or visit

More information

Find out more about your Ontario Works payment or benefits by visiting or by using the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. Contact your Ontario Works office for help getting set up on these services.

Learn more information about the provincial response to COVID‑19 at