Passport Program guidelines
Read the current and past guidelines for the Passport program and find out what expenses are eligible.
Passport provides funding to adults with a developmental disability to pay for community participation services and supports, activities of daily living and person-directed planning. The program also provides funding for caregiver respite services and supports for primary caregivers of an adult with a developmental disability.
The Passport Program guidelines set out:
- the rules for who is eligible to receive Passport funding
- how you can apply to receive funding
- the roles and responsibilities for those participating in the program
- what expenses you can use your funding to pay for
You will receive an automatic 10% increase to your Passport approval amount as of July 1, 2022. This Passport allocation increase provides a new minimum of $5,500 and maximum of $44,250. This increase is part of the permanent wage enhancement for direct support workers and personal support workers.
Admissible and inadmissible expenses
Passport is a reimbursement program where people and families submit invoices and receipts for expenses. Admissible expenses (products and services that you can pay for with your funding) are reimbursed up to the amount of your annual Passport funding allocation
You need to know the date you received your goods or services. To be reimbursed, your expenses must be admissible according to the Passport guidelines that were in effect on the date you received the goods and services.
Use the guidelines for the date of your expense to determine if you can submit a claim.
- Read the latest Passport program guidelines (effective April 1, 2022) with expanded admissible activities for transportation (Note: the 10% Passport allocation increase as of July 1, 2022 provides a new minimum of $5,500 and maximum of $44,250 that is not reflected in the guidelines)
- Read the Passport program guidelines from September 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022
- Read the Passport program guidelines from October 1, 2014 to August 31, 2021
We temporarily expanded the list of eligible expenses under the Passport program to support people and their families while community-based activities and settings may be closed or offering reduced services.