Publication 811: Agronomy Guide for Field Crops
Learn about all aspects of field crop production and the latest recommendations for field crop production. This technical information is for commercial field crop farmers in Ontario.
On this page Skip this page navigation
The Agronomy Guide for Field Crops, Publication 811 provides field crop farmers with a comprehensive guide to field crop production.
All the latest recommendations and aspects of producing field crops are included, such as:
- information on tillage options
- soil management, seeding
This agronomy guide also comes with detailed descriptions of specific crop problems and over 200 photos that will help with rapid diagnosis of field crop issues for growers.
The specific field crops included in this guide are:
- dry edible beans
- spring and winter canola
The 450-page publication includes examples, diagnostic guides, scouting calendars and other information to help guide you and other growers with field crop production. It contains information about:
- management for healthy soils
- soil fertility and nutrient use
- tillage and residue management
- field scouting
- precision tools for agriculture
- weed control
- integrated pest management
- insects and pests of field crops
- diseases of field crops
- Dry Edible Beans
- Spring and Winter Canola
- Other Crops
- Managing for Healthy Soils
- Soil Fertility and Nutrient Use
- Field Scouting
- Precision Agriculture
- On-Farm Stored Grain Management
- Weed Control
- Integrated Pest Management
- Insects and Pests of Field Crops
- Diseases of Field Crops
How to order
To order a print copy of this or other OMAFRA publications, visit Publications Ontario.
Please note that Publications Ontario does not accept orders via phone or email.
For more general information, questions, or comments contact:
ServiceOntario Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will:
- acknowledge your request within 3 business days
- provide you with the content within 15 business days