Supervised alternative learning: policy and implementation
Read the guide on Supervised Alternative Learning for information on re-engaging students who are not attending school to help them achieve their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
On this page Skip this page navigation
This guide can help school boards implement policies and programs to re-engage young people aged 14 to 17 years old who are not attending school and who are therefore at risk of not graduating.
The guide includes :
- clarification of policy in the Ontario Regulation 374/10, “Supervised Alternative Learning and Other Excusals from Attendance at School”
- considerations for how to deliver programs
- suggestions, resources and templates to help boards develop plans and processes for supervised alternative learning
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will:
- acknowledge your request within 3 business days
- provide you with the content within 15 business days
Updated: April 05, 2022
Published: April 05, 2022