The Third Review of Community Treatment Orders
Read about the recommendations for the use and effectiveness of Community Treatment Orders (CTOs).
On this page Skip this page navigation
Prepared by - R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd.
Under the Mental Health Act, the Minister of Health is required to review the use and effectiveness of Community Treatment Orders (CTOs) every five years after the completion of the first review. The third CTO review, covering a time period up to 2018, addresses the following questions as required by Section 33.9 of the Mental Heath Act:
- Reasons that CTOs were or were not used during the review period;
- Effectiveness of CTOs during the review period; and
- Methods used to evaluate the outcome of any treatment used under CTOs.
R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. were selected to complete the third review through a Request for Proposal process coordinated by the Provincial System Support Program at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com. We will:
- acknowledge your request within three business days
- provide you with the content within 15 business days