This one-skillet recipe is easy and quick to prepare. It can also be made with other Ontario Apples such as Empire, Cortland, Crispin or Golden Delicious. Serve with in-season Ontario vegetables-cooked potatoes, steamed broccoli, glazed carrots.
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Boneless Pork Loin or Tenderloin, cut in 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground sage
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 Ontario Cooking Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Ontario McIntosh Apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken or vegetable stock
Rub pork slices with sage; season lightly with salt and pepper. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add seasoned pork slices; cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onion to pan; cook for 5 minutes or until softened, reducing heat if needed. Stir in apples; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup.
Return pork and accumulated juices to skillet. Add stock; cover and simmer, until juices run clear when pork is pierced, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to platter and keep warm. Increase heat to high; cook apple mixture until Sliquid becomes syrupy. Spoon over pork and serve immediately.
- Protein: 33.0 grams
- Fat: 8.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30.0 grams
- Calories: 329