You can substitute beef with chicken or pork for this tasty dish.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Boneless Beef Grilling Steak, cut across grain into thin strips
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Baby Bok Choy, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 4 oz (125 g) Ontario Sugar Snap Peas or Snow Peas
- 1 Ontario Carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
Sauce: In a bowl, whisk together broth, oyster and soy sauces, cornstarch, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
In a wok or large deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil over high heat. Stir–fry beef in 2 batches for 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside; transfer to a bowl. Stir in remaining oil; add bok choy and garlic for 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and 1/3 cup (75 mL) water; cover with lid and stir occasionally for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
Pour sauce into wok, stir-fry for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Stir in beef and juices and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add carrot and serve.
- PROTEIN: 22 grams
- FAT: 15 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 9 grams
- CALORIES: 258
- FIBRE: 2 grams