A simple cilantro dressing doubles as a baste for the grilled beef for this fresh entrée. Broccoli cooks easily with pasta.
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) flank or sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 8 oz (250 g) vermicelli pasta
- 4 cups (1 L) Ontario Broccoli florets
- 1 medium Ontario Tomato, chopped
- 2 Ontario Green Onions, sliced
In small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, oil, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Remove 1 tbsp (15 mL) to small bowl; stir in chili sauce. Spread over both sides of beef. Stir cilantro into remaining dressing.
Grill beef over medium-hot coals for about 10 minutes each side or until desired doneness. (Or broil under broiler.)
Meanwhile, cook vermicelli in boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer 4 minutes longer. Drain. Heat dressing to boil in microwave or small saucepan. Pour over vermicelli mixture; stir in tomato. Thinly slice beef and toss with vermicelli mixture. Serve sprinkled with green onions.
- Protein: 37.0 grams
- Fat: 14.0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 52.0 grams
- Calories: 482