Apply to hunt antlerless deer
Any Ontario resident, over 15 years old, with hunter accreditation on file, a valid Outdoors Card, and a Deer Licence may apply to the antlerless deer draw online, by phone or in person.
You can apply from March 1 to June 30, 2023. Results are available August 1.
On this page Skip this page navigation
An antlerless deer is a deer with no antlers or with antlers that are both less than 7.5 cm (3 inches) long. Generally, antlerless deer include adult female deer and fawns of both sexes.
Hunters who receive an antlerless deer tag through the draw are permitted to harvest their choice of either an antlerless deer in the wildlife management unit specified on the tag or an antlered deer anywhere in the province during the open season – except for during a controlled hunt.
Before you apply
Choose where to hunt
- Find the list of wildlife management units with a resident open season on pages 40-43 of the Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary.
- Choose your preferred wildlife management unit to hunt in, and a second choice (if you have one).
Note: in areas with controlled deer hunt, antlerless validations are for the bow only seasons and apply to any sub-WMUs within a unit (for example, are for WMU 90, which includes WMUs 90A and 90B)
Buy your licence
You can buy your deer licence:
- before you apply to the draw
- at the same time as you apply to the draw
- online by using the Fish and Wildlife Licensing Service
- by phone:
1-800-288-1155(during the draw period only)
- at a licence issuer
- at a participating ServiceOntario location
If the draw application period has closed, you can buy a deer licence (to harvest an antlered deer only).
To apply online, you need to create an online account with the Fish and Wildlife Licensing Service. Once your account is set up, you can apply to the antlerless deer draw.
You will need a credit card to pay the licence fee.
Learn how to apply to the anterless deer draw from your online account.
Create a new account
To set up an online account, you will need your:
- Outdoors Card number
- date of birth
- postal code
Learn how to create an online account
Login to your existing account
To access an online account that you already have, you will need the following:
- Outdoors Card number or account email address
Apply by phone
- Call the automated phone line at
- Purchase a deer licence and apply to the antlerless deer draw.
- Pay the licence fee.
- Record the authorization number you receive at the end of the call.
Apply in person
- Visit a licence issuer or participating ServiceOntario location.
- Check your receipt before leaving the counter to verify your choices are entered correctly.
Get draw results
Draw results are available starting August 1:
- online through the Fish and Wildlife Licensing Service
- by phone at
Learn how to view your draw results from your online account.
If you receive an antlerless validation, you can harvest either:
- an antlerless deer or an antlered deer in the WMU specified on the tag
- an antlered deer anywhere in the province during the open season – except during a controlled deer hunt
Print your deer tag
Once tags are available for printing on August 15, 2023, you can print your tag at:
- home through your Fish and Wildlife Licensing Service account
- a licence issuer
- a participating ServiceOntario location
Get detailed step-by-step instructions on how to print your tags online from your home.
If you will be hunting on private land on Barrie Island, Cockburn Island or Manitoulin Island in the Territorial District of Manitoulin, you need to complete the landowner consent form and get the signature of the landowner. You need to carry the signed form with you while hunting.