Book a ServiceOntario appointment
Book an appointment before going to a ServiceOntario centre.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Book an appointment online
You can book an appointment online at select ServiceOntario centres up to four weeks in advance of your visit:
Before you book an appointment
- check if your service is available online
- make sure you have access to an email address to receive your appointment confirmation and reminder
The services that are available may vary from centre to centre.
All centres offer:
- accessible parking permits
- driver records (available online)
- driver’s licences (renew online)
- licence plates (renew online)
- health cards (renew online)
- Ontario Photo Cards (renew online)
- vehicle registrations, permits and plates
- vehicle records (available online)
- vaccination certificate printing support
After you book
You will receive an email shortly after booking your appointment with:
- location details
- the date and time of your appointment
You will also receive a reminder email the day before your appointment.
Book an appointment by phone
You can book an appointment by phone at these ServiceOntario centres up to two weeks in advance:
Request accessibility accommodations
If you require accommodation to book an appointment, please call:
If you would like to request a sign language interpreter or deafblind intervenor for your appointment, or an accommodation at your preferred location, please email ServiceOntarioAccessibilityRequests@ontario.ca.
The day of your appointment
Bring all necessary supporting documents with you to your appointment. Find more information about what you need to bring for different services.
In the event of an unexpected office closure, we will make every effort to let you know before your appointment by email. To reschedule your appointment, please follow the instructions in your confirmation or reminder email, or call ServiceOntario.
Cancel or change your appointment
Follow the instructions in your confirmation or reminder email if you want to cancel or change your appointment.
ServiceOntario virtual appointments for health card renewals
ServiceOntario is now offering virtual appointments to renew health cards.
A virtual appointment is a video call with a ServiceOntario customer service representative to help you renew your health card from home, without visiting in-person at a ServiceOntario centre.
This virtual appointment pilot service is currently available if your health card is not expired yet and you:
- have a permanent photo and signature exemption, or
- are 18 years of age or older and have a valid photo health card that does not require a new photo and signature
Further requirements may apply. Call ServiceOntario to learn more about virtual appointments.
Health card applications for farm or agricultural workers
Valid closed work permits
Farm or agricultural workers with valid closed work permits can apply for or renew a health card at the following ServiceOntario locations:
- Leamington (Seacliff and Erie)
- Chatham (Grand and Michener)
- Dresden (St George and Main)
- Bradford (Dissette Plaza)
- Essex (Talbot and Albert)
- Amherstburg (Richmond at Heritage Square)
- Niagara Falls (Thorold Stone and Confederation)
- any ServiceOntario location that provides the full-suite of health card services
Book an appointment by emailing MFW.MOH@ontario.ca. Please include:
- your name
- your preferred appointment date and time
- your preferred location
- the number of people who will be attending
- whether each person will be renewing their health card or applying for a new health card
Expiring or open work permits, implied status letters and accompanying family members
Please visit a ServiceOntario location that provides the full-suite of health card services to apply for or renew a health card if you:
- have an expired work permit with an implied status letter
- have an open work permit without a specified employer, or
- have accompanying family members who are applying for OHIP