Catch Up Payments
The application deadline for Catch Up Payments was March 31, 2023. The program is no longer accepting new applications.
On this page Skip this page navigation
We will not text you
The Government of Ontario will not contact you through text message. If you receive a text message regarding Catch Up Payments that includes a hyperlink, do not click the link. It’s a scam.
About Catch Up Payments
Catch Up Payments are helping pay for student learning supports to fill gaps that may have emerged because of COVID‑19.
They were available to eligible parents and guardians to help their child get back on track.
Most of the eligible applications submitted before the deadline (March 31, 2023, at midnight EST) have been processed and paid.
If your application is approved, you will receive an e-transfer, direct deposit or cheque based on the option that you selected when you applied.
One payment will be made per student to:
- the parent or guardian who applied for their child
- secondary students who are 18 years of age and applied on their own
Each application is verified and processed separately. This means if you applied for more than one child, you will receive separate payments.
Check the status of your application
If you have not yet received payment, you can check the status of your application online.
If the pending status is Submitted, you may need to make corrections or updates to the information you provided, such as your banking information.
Please contact the Catch Up Payments help desk to report the issue and open a ticket to review or update your application. The help desk in open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, excluding holidays.
We are currently processing applications received before the March 31, 2023 deadline that have open help desk tickets.
Appeal your application result
You can appeal your application result if:
- your application status is Application Reviewed ─ Deemed Ineligible, which may happen because:
- you were unable to correct an error in the application
- your child’s age/enrolment status is not eligible
- we could not verify the child/student information
- your application status is Completed ─ Payment Processed but you did not see the payment in your bank account or did not receive a cheque payment in the mail
- you received a Duplicate Child error, which may happen if another person has already submitted an application for the same child
File your Appeal
Fill it out and make sure that you:
- provide legible responses
- follow the form instructions carefully
- include the information needed to dispute the outcome
We will not accept or review blurry, illegible or incomplete appeal submissions.
You may wish to fill the form out digitally and then print it.
Mail the completed form to us at:
Catch Up Payments
10th Floor, 315 Front Street West
You can also send the completed form to the email address on the form.
Deadline and timing
Appeals must be postmarked by February 29, 2024 to be reviewed. Please note that depending on the complexity of your application, it may take some time to process. We will review applications as quickly as possible.
For more information about Catch Up Payments, call us Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, excluding holidays.