Environmental permissions online services
Learn how to submit, register or apply online for the different types of environmental permissions you or your business may need.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Use the Google Chrome web browser to create your ministry account and access environmental permission services. If you experience issues, try disabling pop-up blockers or clear your browser cache.
Environmental permission services available online
Environmental permissions set rules that protect the natural environment and human health.
The following environmental permission services are available online:
- apply for an Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA)
- apply for a pesticide licence
- apply for a Permit to Take Water (PTTW)
- register in the Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR)
- set up and manage sites related to your environmental permissions
- submit a brownfields record of site condition for filing
- submit your water taking reporting for EASR or PTTW
- submit your post-approval reports
Some application types cannot be submitted online. If your submission meets any of the following criteria, contact us for next steps:
- applications with multiple proponents
- administrative changes to an ECA, such as name, address and ownership changes
How to submit, apply for, or register an environmental permission
To submit, apply for, or register an environmental permission, you need to:
- Sign-in through your My Ontario Account to access environmental permissions online services.
- Access your ministry account.
- Complete the submission, application or registration requirements for your environmental permission, and if applicable:
- make a payment online
- submit post-approval reports
If this is your first time accessing environmental permissions online
If this is your first time accessing environmental permissions online services, you must first sign-in through your My Ontario Account, set up your ministry account and select the appropriate account-type.
The account type you choose depends on whether you are:
- an organization that needs to submit an environmental permission
- an individual that needs to submit an environmental permission in your name
- an employee working on behalf of a business or individual
- a consultant or Qualified Person (QP) working on behalf of a business or individual
Learn how to set-up and manage an account to access environmental permissions online services.
- Visa or Mastercard
- Interac Online
- Visa Debit or Debit Mastercard
Contact the Client Services and Permissions Branch:
- by email at email@example.com
- by phone from Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Participate in user research and testing
We are working on expanding and improving our online environmental permission services to better meet your needs. We are looking for volunteers to participate in future user research and testing of the online environmental permission services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified of upcoming user research sessions.