Find out what’s happening near you
Use this map to learn about key infrastructure projects being built in your community.
What we do
- Lead the province’s infrastructure plan to deliver effective and resilient infrastructure, while protecting the things that matter most to people.
- Guide investments in schools, hospitals, roads, bridges, transit and other critical services that make a difference in people’s daily lives.
- Make strategic investments to create good jobs, boost the economy, and protect our environment.
- Respect taxpayers by maximizing the life, performance and value of existing infrastructure, and the services that infrastructure provides.
- Deliver transportation infrastructure that best serves the needs of each community.
- Unlock new and innovative opportunities and partnerships.
- Support the expansion of broadband and cellular services across the province, including rural, northern and Indigenous communities.
- Work with federal and municipal governments on various infrastructure programs, including the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP).
- Provide infrastructure funding for small communities through the Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund (OCIF).
- Provide asset management tools and support to help municipalities meet their current and future infrastructure needs.
- Oversee the ministry’s two agencies, Waterfront Toronto and Infrastructure Ontario.
- Develop policies and initiatives by working with Infrastructure Ontario to enhance infrastructure delivery including through public-private partnerships (P3) and other programs.
- Make recommendations regarding priorities for infrastructure and effective coordination of infrastructure within government.
Agencies, boards and commissions
The ministry is affiliated with the following independent agency and non-share capital corporation:
Updated: November 07, 2023
Published: June 13, 2016