Find out what’s happening near you
Use this map to learn about key infrastructure projects being built in your community.
Use this map to learn more about high-speed internet projects near you.
What we do
- Lead the province’s infrastructure plan to build, repair and modernize critical infrastructure that will support communities for decades to come.
- Guide investments in schools, hospitals, highways, public transit, high-speed internet, and other critical services that make people’s daily lives more efficient, cost-effective and convenient.
- Respect taxpayer contributions by maximizing the lifespan, performance, and value of existing infrastructure, and the services that infrastructure provides.
- Work with Infrastructure Ontario to develop policies, initiatives, and strategies to enhance infrastructure delivery, including through public-private partnerships and other programs.
- Develop policy related to government realty, including legislation, policies, and due diligence efforts.
- Make recommendations about priorities to enhance the effective coordination of infrastructure projects within government.
- Unlock new and innovative opportunities and partnerships to improve infrastructure in Ontario, through our unsolicited proposals (USP) framework.
- Oversee Waterfront Toronto, Infrastructure Ontario and Ontario Place Corporation.
Supporting municipal infrastructure
- Provide access to high-speed internet to every community by the end of 2025, including rural, northern and Indigenous communities.
- Work with federal and municipal governments, as well as Indigenous and community partners, on various infrastructure programs, including the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP).
- Provide funding for small, rural and northern communities through the Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund (OCIF) to help them renew, rehabilitate, and modernize critical infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, water and wastewater facilities.
- Provide asset management tools and support to help municipalities meet their current and future infrastructure needs.
- Provide funding to help municipalities repair, rehabilitate and expand critical water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure through the Housing-Enabling Water Systems Fund.
Rebuilding Ontario Place
- Rebuild Ontario Place into a world-class, year-round, family-friendly destination, featuring over 50 acres of free parks and public spaces, as well as an all-new Ontario Science Centre, an enhanced year-round concert and entertainment venue with Live Nation, and a family-friendly waterpark and wellness facility with Therme Canada.
- Once complete, the new Ontario Place will create thousands of new jobs and attract an estimated four to six million visitors each year.
Supporting transit and housing
- Deliver transit-oriented communities to build vibrant, mixed-use communities with housing and jobs around transit stations, while reducing the burden on taxpayers to build transit infrastructure.
- Identify surplus government lands that offer housing redevelopment potential.
Managing government real estate
- Oversee the modernization of the General Real Estate Portfolio, including establishing a centralized real estate authority for government.
- Guide the process around corporate property that’s forfeited to Ontario because of a corporate dissolution.
- Transform and make more efficient use of the Ontario Public Service’s office spaces throughout the province to improve cost efficiencies and make better use of office space.
- Establish a Centre of Realty Excellence (CORE) to create one holistic sightline across the public sector for the prudent management of government property and determine priority surplus properties aligned with key infrastructure objectives, including housing and long-term care.
Agencies, boards and commissions
The ministry is affiliated with the following independent agencies and non-share capital corporation:
The ministry administers the following legislation:
- Ontario Infrastructure Lands and Corporation Act
- Infrastructure for Jobs and Prosperity Act
- Ministry of Infrastructure Act
- Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation Act
- Building Broadband Faster Act
- Reducing Inefficiencies Act
- Rebuilding Ontario Place Act
- Transportation for the Future Act
- Forfeited Corporate Property Act