Overview of land registry
Search land records or securely register documents and survey plans for a property – all in one place.
Online land registry services
Land registration services, including self-service options, are only accessible online.
Please visit the ONLAND application to complete your transactions.
How it works
All private property ownership records in Ontario are registered with the government.
Anyone can search for land records. You can search:
- land registration records online using the OnLand site
You need special permission to register land records.
- people who meet certain criteria can apply for authorization to register land documents
- you can also work with a lawyer or legal professional to register documents for you
What’s in the land registry?
The land registration system contains official records of land and property in Ontario, including the:
- title, which is a legal term for the land rights held by a person or corporation
- deed, which is a term used for the legal document that transfers title from one person to another
- mortgage and other land documents.
Search land property records
Find out how to search the most current land ownership documents in the land registration system.
You can search land registration records online using the OnLand site.
Search government documents
Search a range of government documents, from technical bulletins to minister’s orders, about land registration.