Provincial model for a local police or school board protocol
Read the requirements for school boards and local police services to guide police involvement in school-related incidents.
On this page Skip this page navigation
A safe, inclusive and equitable school environment supports learning and behaviour development, including respect, responsibility and civility.
This document serves as a template for school boards. It outlines the common principles upon which all local police or school board protocols should be based and the 22 key elements they must include.
It has been developed jointly by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of the Solicitor General to:
- ensure a consistent approach in the local protocols developed by school boards and police services across the province
- promote dialogue and establish effective relationships between schools and police based on cooperation and shared understandings
- set provincial expectations for local protocols, while allowing police services and school boards to address service-delivery arrangements and unique factors and/or considerations that may affect individual jurisdictions
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contactnbsp;firstname.lastname@example.org. We will:
- acknowledge your request within 3 business days
- provide you with the content within 15 business days