Victim Services Awards of Distinction
Learn about the award and how to submit a nomination.
On this page Skip this page navigation
About this award
The Attorney General’s Victim Services Awards of Distinction (VSAD) recognizes the dedication and achievements of professionals, organizations and volunteers working to support people who have experienced victimization due to crime and raise awareness of victims’ issues in Ontario.
Who is eligible
Nominees must be Ontario residents, of any age, and be either:
- individuals who have experienced victimization due to crime, their family members or others personally impacted by crime who have raised the profile of victims' issues in Ontario
- volunteers who offer their time and personal resources to help people who have experienced victimization due to crime
- professional practitioners and paid victim services providers who have gone above and beyond their regular duties while providing to support people who have experienced victimization due to crime
- programs, groups and organizations that deliver innovative services to people who have experienced victimization due to crime
Crime refers to an offence under the Criminal Code (Canada).
The person or group you are nominating must agree to the nomination. They will be asked to consent to the collection of their information.
Who is not eligible
You cannot nominate yourself and we will not accept nominations for:
- employees of federal, provincial and municipal governments and sworn police officers
- people with criminal cases currently before the courts
- people and organizations located outside Ontario, with exceptions made for human trafficking work
Save and download the nomination application form. Do not open it in a browser.
To fill out the nomination form, select either “Individual Nomination” or “Group Nomination” at the bottom of page 1 and the form will expand.
Discuss and get consent from the nominee before submitting a nomination. Nominees must complete page 2 of the nomination form.
Send completed nomination applications to the Awards Planning Committee at AGVSAD@ontario.ca and include the subject line VSAD Nomination – Nominee’s Name.
Nominations must be received by midnight on Friday, January 19, 2024 EST.
If you need a Word version of the application or have questions about nominating an individual or group, please contact the Awards Planning Committee at AGVSAD@ontario.ca.
Learn more about the 2022-23 award recipients and see a photo of the recipients from the 2022-2023 awards ceremony below.