Regional Development Program guidelines for community economic development projects
Read the full program guidelines for submitting community projects to the Eastern Ontario Development Fund and the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund.
About the program
The objective of the program is to provide financial assistance and incentives to support Eastern and Southwestern Ontario by helping municipalities, Indigenous communities, economic development agencies, sector associations and consortia:
- promote regional economic development
- attract and retain investment
- promote innovation
- foster collaboration and cluster development
- contribute to the diversification of the economies of Eastern and Southwestern Ontario
- improve competitive position, enhance productivity and pursue growth
- facilitate job creation and retention, skills training and talent attraction
- stimulate private sector investment in business enterprises
Applications will be assessed based on alignment with fund objectives and their relation to other projects under consideration, with a focus on regional economic development benefits.
Eligible geographic areas
Funding is available to organizations undertaking projects in the following geographic areas of Ontario.
- Kawartha Lakes
- Leeds and Grenville
- Lennox and Addington
- Prescott and Russell
- Prince Edward
- Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
For advice on developing and strengthening your application, contact our regional offices to work with a regional advisor.
- Eastern Region: email@example.com
- Western Region: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Region: email@example.com
For more information about the program, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.