Class Environmental Assessments : Approved Class EA Information
View all approved Class environmental assessment
Ontario is modernizing the environmental assessment program to support strong environmental oversight and a strong economy. Our proposed changes would allow us to focus resources on high-impact projects, cut the average review time in half for the largest projects and allow infrastructure projects to move forward more quickly.
A class environmental assessment is a document that sets out a standardized planning process for classes or groups of activities. It applies to projects that are carried out routinely and have predictable environmental effects that can be readily managed.
Projects defined within a class environmental assessment require no further environmental approval under section 5 of the Environmental Assessment Act, conditional upon being planned according to the procedures set out in the document and not being subject to a Part II Order.
Class environmental assessments
- Environmental assessment requirements for forest management on Crown Lands in Ontario
- GO Transit
- Activities of the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines under the Mining Act
- Minor transmission facilities
- Municipal infrastructure projects
- Provincial parks and conservation reserves
- Provincial transportation facilities
- Public work
- Remedial flood and erosion control projects
- Resource stewardship and facility development projects
- Waterpower projects