Fisheries Management Zone 7 (FMZ 7)
Information about fishing and how fish resources are managed in Fisheries Management Zone 7 (Nipigon, Geraldton, Manitouwadge, Wawa).
On this page Skip this page navigation
News and updates
Fisheries management planning is not currently underway for this zone. Contact your local Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry district office for more information.
- find specific rules for fishing in FMZ 7
- use the Fish on-Line mapping tool
- find a complete set of fishing rules in the Ontario Fishing Regulations Summary
About this zone
FMZ 7 is located in northern Ontario. This zone has:
- a long stretch of Lake Superior shoreline
- important recreational and tourism-based fisheries
- prominent fisheries for walleye, northern pike, lake trout, brook trout
- brook trout stocked into many lakes
- Pukaskwa Provincial Park and the Chapleau Crown Game Preserve
FMZ 7 is one of 20 fisheries management zones in the province.
- to the south, follows Lake Superior from the Nipigon River to the Michipicotan River
- the communities of Hearst and Nakina lie along the northern boundary
- takes in Michipicotan Island
- cities include Nipigon, Geraldton, Manitouwadge, Wawa
Legal boundary map and detail maps
Monitoring reports and management plans
None at this time.
Zone advisory council
This fisheries management zone does not have an advisory council yet.