French as a second language in Ontario schools
Read the policies for French as a second language (FSL) for kindergarten to Grade 12.
On this page Skip this page navigation
A framework for French as a second language in Ontario schools
This resource is to help school boards and schools in Ontario maximize opportunities for students to reach their full potential in French as a second language (FSL). It outlines:
- the importance of learning French as a second language
- how the FSL framework was developed
- the vision, goals and focus areas for FSL in Ontario
- how parents can support their child’s success
- FSL programs available in Ontario
A guide for Ontario schools: including students with special education needs in FSL programs
This resource serves as a companion to the framework for FSL by providing additional research, data and examples of inclusive practice. It discusses strategies and supports to make FSL programs available to students with special education needs.
Welcoming English-language learners into FSL programs
Read the resource that builds on the framework for French as a second language (FSL). It provides information and strategies relevant to English language learners.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com. We will:
- acknowledge your request within 3 business days
- provide you with the content within 15 business days