Your electricity bill
Ontario’s electricity system
What we do
- Oversees the regulatory framework for electricity pricing and develops policies to mitigate energy prices for Ontario consumers and businesses.
- Supports energy efficiency and conservation.
- Supports the growth of clean technology and innovation in the electricity sector.
- Engages with Indigenous partners, local distribution companies, transmission companies and energy agencies in energy sector decisions.
- Drives efficiencies and performance for consumers.
Ministry of Energy
77 Grenville Street
Toronto, Ontario M7A 2C1
Minister, media and news
Agencies, boards and commissions
The ministry is affiliated with the following independent agencies:
The ministry administers the following legislation:
- Electricity Act, 1998
- Energy Consumer Protection Act, 2010
- Federal Carbon Tax Transparency Act, 2019
- Hydro One Accountability Act, 2018
- Hydro One Inc. Directors and Officers Act, 2002
- Ministry of Energy Act, 2011
- Ontario Clean Energy Benefit Act, 2010
- Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
- Ontario Fair Hydro Plan Act, 2017
- Ontario Rebate for Electricity Consumers Act, 2016
- Toronto District Heating Corporation Act, 1998
- White Pines Wind Project Termination Act, 2018
- Power Corporation Act
Updated: May 29, 2023
Published: April 16, 2018