The Prevention Council for workplace health and safety
Learn about the Prevention Council that provides Ontario advice about health and safety at work.
On this page Skip this page navigation
The Prevention Council advises the Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development and the Chief Prevention Officer on a wide range of occupational health and safety issues, including:
- prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses
- development of the provincial occupational health and safety strategy
- any significant proposed changes to funding and delivery of services under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Current membership reflects input from:
- five employer representatives
- five unionized labour representatives
- one non-union labour representative
- one Workplace Safety and Insurance board representative
- two occupational health and safety experts
Prevention Council members can claim – and be reimbursed for – necessary travel, meal and hospitality expenses, during the course of ministry work. They need to follow strict rules, outlining what can be repaid with public funds and what maximum amounts can be claimed.
Expense information is currently unavailable due to the provincial state of emergency relating to the COVID-19 outbreak. It will be posted once full service resumes.
For a summary of recent Prevention Council meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.