Used vehicle information package
How to order a used vehicle information package (UVIP) – a file that contains a description of a vehicle and its Ontario history. You need to provide this package to a buyer when you sell a pre-owned vehicle.
To order a used vehicle information package you will need:
- the vehicle identification number (VIN) or the licence plate number of the used vehicle
- if you submit a licence plate number, the package will include information about the vehicle currently attached to that plate number
- your Ontario driver's licence number or registrant identification number (RIN) or your name and address
Notice: Service Interruption
Due to scheduled maintenance this online service will be temporarily unavailable from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 29, 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please note: If the UVIP is needed urgently, it can also be purchased at any ServiceOntario office in person and issued the same day
Visa, MasterCard, American Express,
Mailed within approximately 5 business days.
We will mail the used vehicle information package to your address on file or the delivery address provided.
Online completion time
Average 15 minutes.
Recommended for you
What you get
A used vehicle information package (UVIP) contains:
- the vehicle details (including the year, make, model, colour, body type, cylinders and power)
- a vehicle registration history in Ontario (including all present and previous owners, their city of residence and odometer reading)
- vehicle lien information
- the fair market value on which the minimum tax payable will apply
- retail sales tax information
- bills of sale section
Every car has a story.
Sell yours with a used vehicle information package.