Used vehicle information package
How to order a used vehicle information package (UVIP) – a file that contains a description of a vehicle and its Ontario history. You need to provide this package to a buyer when you sell a pre-owned vehicle.
To order a used vehicle information package you will need:
- the vehicle identification number (VIN) or the licence plate number of the used vehicle
- if you submit a licence plate number, the package will include information about the vehicle currently attached to that plate number
- your Ontario driver's licence number or registrant identification number (RIN) or your name and address
Please note: We will mail the used vehicle information package to your address on file or the delivery address provided.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express,
Mailed within approximately 5 business days.
Online completion time
Average 15 minutes.
Recommended for you
What you get
A used vehicle information package (UVIP) contains:
- the vehicle details (including the year, make, model, colour, body type, cylinders and power)
- a vehicle registration history in Ontario (including all present and previous owners, their city of residence and odometer reading)
- vehicle lien information
- the fair market value on which the minimum tax payable will apply
- retail sales tax information
- bills of sale section
Every car has a story.
Sell yours with a used vehicle information package.