Completing your accessibility compliance report
Businesses and non-profits with 20 or more employees and public sector organizations must follow these steps to complete an accessibility compliance report.
You must submit an accessibility compliance report if you are:
- a business or non-profit organization with 20 or more employees
- a public-sector organization
The compliance report confirms that you have met your current accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you don’t complete your accessibility compliance report, you could face enforcement which can include financial penalties.
Before you file a compliance report
To complete the form you need your organization’s:
- legal name
- business number (BN9 – found in your federal or provincial tax return)
- number of employees
- name and contact information of your certifier (a senior officer with legal authority to say that the report is complete and accurate)
If you think your organization may be in the public sector category, check the lists in these regulations to confirm:
If your organization is in the broader public sector category and you don't have a BN9, contact us and we will give you an AODA identifier number.
How to download the compliance report form
In order to fill out the form, you must have Adobe Reader. Download it for free from the Adobe website.
- Download the form by right clicking and choosing “Save link as…”
- Open the form with Adobe Reader. Do not open it in your browser.
- If you receive a message to install Adobe Reader, this means you have opened the form in your browser.
- Once the form is open, print pages 1 and 2 so you have the detailed instructions on hand (the instructions will no longer be available when you click Open Form at the bottom of page 2).
You can edit and save the form at any point in the process and return to it later or distribute the form within your organization for input before submitting)
When you have completed the form, click Submit, located on the bottom of the last page of the form.
How to fill out your report
- Select your organization’s category.
- If you are a business or a non-profit, select Business/Non-profit.
- Enter your organization’s information.
- Answer the yes or no questions.
- Make sure you select the correct organization category or you may see questions that do not apply to you.
- Each question has links to:
- The related section of the regulation
- Resources to help you understand and meet the requirements
- For each question, click Yes (if you are in compliance) or No (if you are not in compliance). You may add comments in the comment box below each question.
- Once you have answered all of the questions, click Save form at the bottom of the page before clicking Next.
- Review the form and share with others.
- You can move from page to page by clicking on the Next or Previous buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Include information on the primary contact and complete certification. The certifier must
- Make sure all information on the form is complete and accurate.
- Check the three boxes to show they have authority to certify your organization
- The form has an automated Submit button. You will be prompted to save the form on your computer first and then it will be submitted to us automatically.
You will receive a message that will confirm your submission or inform you if there was an error.
File for up to 20 organizations at once
You can use one form to file a report for up to 20 organizations if they all have the same:
- Organization category
- Number of employees range
- Answers to all of the accessibility compliance questions
If the above information differs, you must complete a separate form for each organization with different information.
After submitting the report
Once we receive the report, a confirmation email will go to the certifier and the primary contact listed. This email will include:
- A confirmation number
- An accessible PDF copy of your report
Notify us of changes
You must notify us if your organization has a change in:
- Primary contact information
- Number of employees
- Status (for example is no longer in business or has fewer than 20 employees)
Request the form in an alternate format
Email us at email@example.com if you need the form in an alternate format.
If you have any questions about accessibility compliance reporting or details necessary to complete the forms, please contact us at:
416-849-8276 1-800-268-7095 416-325-3408
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org