Order in Council 1576/2020
On the recommendation of the undersigned, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, by and with the advice and concurrence of the Executive Council of Ontario, orders that:
Whereas the Government of Ontario has established the Future State Modernization Committee of Cabinet, chaired by the President of the Treasury Board, to provide leadership and direction to drive public sector (Ontario Public Service and Broader Public Sector) modernization initiatives coming out of the covid-19 pandemic;
And whereas the Government of Ontario wishes to establish special advisor positions in order to provide advice and recommendations in support of the work of the Future State Modernization Committee and related initiatives;
Therefore, pursuant to the prerogative of Her Majesty The Queen in Right of Ontario to provide for the establishment and appointment of special advisors to serve Her Majesty’s Government of Ontario in the discharge of its executive obligations and responsibilities,
Establishment and Appointment of Special Advisors
- Four (4) positions of Special Advisor, Future State Modernization, accountable to the Premier, are established for a period of up to three (3) years, effective the date of this Order.
- The Premier may appoint the Special Advisors to serve at pleasure for various periods of up to three (3) years from the date of this Order.
Terms of Reference
- The Premier shall determine the terms of reference for the Special Advisors and may amend them from time to time.
Remuneration and Expenses
- The Special Advisors shall not be paid any remuneration for their roles as Special Advisors.
- The Special Advisors shall be eligible for reimbursement of expenses incurred in their work as Special Advisors in accordance with the Management Board of Cabinet’s Travel, Meal and Hospitality Expenses Directive.
Approved and Ordered: November 26, 2020