Change the name, address or ownership for an Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA)
Find out how to change a name, address or ownership of an existing ECA.
On this page Skip this page navigation
An Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) is a legal document. You must notify the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks when the name, address, or ownership of your ECA changes or becomes out of date. To make these changes to your ECA, you must:
- write a signed letter to the ministry requesting an update to the information and include the date when the changes took effect
- provide supporting information relating to the request
- submit your request within the timeline specified in the terms and conditions of your ECA
Letters without the required supporting information will be returned.
There is no fee for this type of amendment.
Required supporting information
You will need to provide:
- a copy of the ECA which requires the name, address or ownership change
- proof of legal name (must reflect current name, address or ownership). Examples include:
- updated Corporate Profile Report, Master Business Licence, or "Initial Notice or Notice of Change"
- Articles of Incorporation
- extra-provincial licence (for out of province/state)
- birth certificate (for ECAs issued to an individual)
Proof of legal name is not required for municipalities, government agencies and public bodies.
For ownership changes, provide a signed letter from the previous owner authorizing the transfer of ownership.
Additional supporting information for waste management system ECAs
For a waste management system ECA, you will also need to include:
- proof that vehicle ownership has been changed to reflect the new name, address, or ownership
- proof that insurance has been changed to reflect the new name, address, or ownership
- truck storage yard location (location where the vehicles are parked)
- if the vehicle(s) is parked on someone else’s property, the owner of that property must provide a signed letter that:
- grants consent for parking the vehicle(s) and/or equipment on their land
- states the land owner’s name and address
- updated financial assurance to reflect the name, address, or ownership change (applicable to PCB, Biomedical and Mobile Processing)
Additional supporting information for waste disposal site ECAs
For a waste disposal site ECA, you will also need to include:
- updated financial assurance to reflect the name, address, or ownership change
Submit your changes
Send your changes and supporting information to:
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Environmental Permissions Branch
135 St. Clair Avenue West, 1st floor
For questions, call 416-314-8001 or 1-800-461-6290 or email email@example.com