Summer jobs for students with the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry through Ontario’s Summer Employment Opportunities program
Learn about summer job opportunities for high school, college and university students.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Summer Employment Opportunities (SEO) Program at NDMNRF
The 2022 Summer Employment Opportunities Program has launched. All jobs ads for positions available through this program are posted on the OPS Careers Website.
Closing dates are every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from March 15 until March 31, 2022.
How to qualify
You can apply to Summer Employment Opportunities – if you meet all SEO program eligibility criteria.
How to apply
Use this guide to help you apply and follow these steps.
Go to OPS Careers.
- Select Student under the Career Level category.
- To refine your search, select the appropriate city under City category.
Fill out the online application. You will have to:
- submit a cover letter and résumé
- indicate your qualifications/skills, education level, field of study, certificates/licences, contact information and work preferences
- Hit the submit button.
- If your application has been submitted successfully, you will see a 'thank you for applying' page – and then you will receive a confirmation email.
Deadline to apply
Each job is posted for a different amount of time. It depends on the type of job. Please refer to the posting information on the OPS Careers website.
When you’ll hear back
If you’ve been selected for an interview, you’ll hear from us within 6 to 8 weeks of the application deadline.
These jobs offer you:
- $15.00 – $15.85 an hour in pay
- between seven and 18 weeks of work
Summer jobs occur sometime between May 1 and Labour Day. Contracts are between seven and 18 weeks in duration.