Municipal Energy Plan Program
Learn about funding to help your community improve its energy use.
On this page Skip this page navigation
About the program
Through the Municipal Energy Plan Program, you can get funding to develop a plan that will help your community:
- improve energy efficiency
- reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- study the impact of future growth on energy needs
- foster renewable energy production and economic development
All Ontario municipalities (including regional municipalities) can apply. The Indigenous Community Energy Plan Program has related funding for indigenous communities.
Municipalities participating in the Municipal Energy Plan Program include the:
- Town of Caledon
- Municipality of Chatham Kent
- Durham Region
- City of Kingston
- City of London
- Municipality of Sioux Lookout
- City of Temiskaming Shores
- Municipality of Wawa
We cover 50 per cent of eligible costs up to a maximum of:
- $90,000 to create a new plan
- $25,000 to continue work on an existing plan (e.g. update energy data or maps, engage stakeholders, or develop more detailed implementation plans)
How to apply
Applications are reviewed and funded on a first-come, first-served basis. There’s no deadline, applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
If you’re ready to start, apply online through Transfer Payment Ontario (TPON).
Email us if you have any questions.