Seniors: for family and other caregivers
Get information if you or someone else takes care of a loved one.
On this page Skip this page navigation
A guide to programs and services for seniors.
Find information on resources available for seniors in Ontario, including tax credits, health, caregiving, housing, transportation and staying safe.
Taking time off
You can take time off if you need to care for or support a family member.
Information for caregivers
You can receive help if you take care of a senior or a family member with a health condition, disability or aging needs.
This is called respite care and can be given:
- at home
- during a short stay at a long-term care home
- at an adult day program
Federal, provincial and territorial resources
Explore federal, provincial and territorial resources for caregivers, including:
- Care conversations – it’s about you and the person you support
- Care options – choosing the best plan for you and the person you care for
- Helping employees balance work and caregiving responsibilities
- Balancing work and caregiving responsibilities
- Caregiver readiness (video)
What to do when a loved one dies
Get information for what to do and what supports are available when a loved one dies in Ontario.