Report on the shortage of teachers in Ontario’s French-language education system
Read the report from the Working Group on Teacher Shortage in the French-Language School System. Find the recommendations to address the shortage of French-language educators in Ontario.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Summary of the report
This report outlines recommendations from the Working Group on Teacher Shortage in the French-Language School System.
The recommendations are based on three key focus areas:
- teacher training programs and labour market needs
- encouraging professional integration and retention of new teaching personnel
- promoting the teaching profession and raising awareness of employment opportunities in French-language edition
The findings and recommendations from the Working Group helped inform Ontario’s French Teacher Recruitment and Retention Strategy (2021-2025).
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will:
- acknowledge your request within three business days
- provide you with the content within 15 business days