Learn about driving and transportation safety laws and penalties. Be a safe driver, cyclist and pedestrian.
On this page Skip this page navigation
Read Ontario’s driver handbooks to learn all the rules of the road and how to be a safe driver.
Get tips on how to be a safe and responsible driver.
- seatbelt safety
- choosing a child car seat
- winter driving
- snowmobile safety
- driving an off-road vehicle (ORV) such as an ATV safely
- driving near:
Dangerous driving and penalties
Learn about some of the leading causes of death and injury on our roads and the penalties you can face for them.
Learn what to expect if you’re facing penalties for your driving.
- understanding demerit points
- Ignition Interlock Program
- Reduced Suspension with Ignition Interlock Conduct Review Program
- vehicle impoundment for suspended driver’s licence
- reinstate a suspended driver’s licence
- paying defaulted fines and driver’s licence reinstatement
Safe cycling and walking
Get tips on how to be a safe and responsible cyclist and pedestrian.
Ontario road safety annual reports
Learn about road safety data and trends in Ontario’s annual road safety reports (ORSAR).