Start and operate a not-for-profit
Know the applicable laws, as well as grants and financial support available to not-for-profits.
New business registry
Sign up and stay up to date with information about the new business registry.
Understand how provincial, federal and municipal laws and regulations apply as you start up and run your charity or other not-for-profit.
- Incorporate a not-for-profit, including a charity.
- Know your employees’ rights and your obligations as a not-for-profit employer
- Find out how income and property taxes – and exemptions – apply to your not-for-profit.
- Know the rules for not-for-profit fundraising, from issuing tax receipts to telemarketing.
- How to protect your not-for-profit’s trademark and copyright.
- About the Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, 2010.