On this page Skip this page navigation
Connect to care 24/7 with Health811
Search for doctors, clinics, mental health services, pharmacies and other health services for you and your family.
Talk to a registered nurse — day or night — for free, secure and confidential health advice. Call 811 (
Talk to your pharmacist
Pharmacists can prescribe medication for common ailments like pink eye, seasonal allergies and skin rashes, or renew certain prescriptions without having to visit your doctor.
Explore your options and apply for long-term care.
Your local home care provider can arrange for nurses and other health professionals to visit you in your home, and help you access equipment and supplies.
OHIP is Ontario’s health care plan. Through OHIP, the province pays for many of the health services you may need.
Get a COVID‑19 vaccine or flu shot, and learn about other immunizations.
Health Hiring Hub
Ontario is recruiting thousands of health care workers so we can meet your health care needs. Since 2018, hospitals, long term-care homes and other health care institutions have hired:
26% were internationally educated
37% were internationally educated
- Ontario’s Health Professions Database, 2018 to 2021 submissions, and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ontario Physician Reporting Centre: Physicians in Ontario, 2017 to 2021 (formerly the Ontario Physician Human Resources Data Centre). Primary data feed is from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
Work or train in Ontario
Find career guidance and resources through HealthForceOntario.
Learn about our Learn and Stay Grant. We’ll pay for tuition, books and more, for programs leading to in-demand professions — like nursing — in return for working in an under-serviced region.
Learn about more programs and services
Mental health and addictions support
Children and youth
- Online risk assessment
- Cancer prevention and care
- Prostate cancer screening
- Breast cancer testing and programs
- Cervical cancer testing and prevention
- Colon cancer testing and prevention