Observe the laws governing the operation of a motor vehicle scrupulously and make every effort to follow good driving practice and safety rules.
- Back a truck with the utmost care and caution. Use all rearview mirrors, turn and look back and, if possible, have someone give you directions. Back slowly and cautiously and watch traffic conditions around the vehicle at all times.
- Bad weather requires changing your driving procedures. Exercise exceptional care in such conditions.
- Adjust your speed to meet road, weather and traffic conditions.
- Never load a truck beyond its licensed capacity.
- Avoid situations that call for quick stops.
- Never allow an unauthorized person to occupy the driver’s seat, operate the truck or any of its controls.
Updated: August 25, 2022
Published: January 18, 2021