Starting the engine
- Engage the parking brake, depress the clutch pedal and place the transmission in neutral.
- Turn on the power to the engine; operate the starter.
- If necessary, increase engine speed with the accelerator pedal until it is running smoothly.
- Check the gauge for adequate engine oil pressure.
- On vehicles with air brakes, the air-pressure gauge should register sufficient pressure before moving. The audible air warning buzzer must have stopped sounding and/or the warning light must be off.
Note: For more information on air brakes, see the Official MTO Airbrake Handbook.
Updated: August 25, 2022
Published: January 18, 2021