Bulletin 230325 — Year 3 Increase: Underserviced Area Programs
Permanent adjustments of the Year 1 and Year 2 increases will be effective April 1, 2023.
To: Underserviced Area Program (UAP) Physicians
Category: Primary Health Care Services, Physician Services
Written by: Negotiations Branch, Physician and Provider Services Division
Date issued: March 31, 2023
The Ministry of Health and the Ontario Medical Association have been working together to implement physician compensation increases in accordance with the 2021 Physician Services Agreement (PSA).
The PSA provides for Year 1 and Year 2 compensation increases to be implemented as permanent adjustments to physician payments effective April 1, 2023. The permanent increase amounts vary according to relativity as outlined in the PSA. They are allocated to each section or physician grouping, as per page 6 of the Financial Agreement of the PSA.
Base payment increase
Effective April 1, 2023, the following payment elements in your funding agreement will be increased by the following rates.
- Northern Physician Retention Initiative: 2.6625%
- Northern Rural Recruitment Retention Initiative: 2.1599%
- Nursing Station Physician Outreach-Honorarium per day: 3.3385%
- Nursing Station Physician Outreach-Stipend per day: 3.3385%
- Nursing Station Physician Outreach-Telephone Back-up per Month: 3.3385%
- Ontario Psychiatric Outreach Program-Honorarium: 3.0540%
- Ontario Psychiatric Outreach Program-Travel Sessional: 3.0540%
- Ontario Psychiatric Outreach Program-Sessional: 3.0540%
- Visiting Specialist Clinic Program-Honorarium: 3.0540%
- Visiting Specialist Clinic Program-Travel Sessional: 3.0540%
- Visiting Specialist Clinic Program-Sessional: 3.0540%
Amendments to Funding Agreements to allow for the flow of funds related to this increase will be finalized as soon as possible.
Payments will be retroactive to April 1, 2023.
Physician Services Agreement; PSA; physicians; payments