Bulletin 220408 — Updates on 2022–23 Ontario Hospital Interprovincial Billing
Updates from the Ministry of Health on the new interprovincial billing rates for the 2022-23 fiscal year.
To: Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Hospitals
Category: Interprovincial Health Care INFOBulletins
Written by: Hospitals Branch, Hospitals and Capital Division
Date issued: April 11, 2022
The new interprovincial billing rates for the 2022-23 fiscal year for outpatient and inpatient services, well newborns, high-cost transplants, and special implants and devices are effective as of April 1, 2022. These new rates are outlined in further detail in the attachments. The national Assistant Deputy Ministers Policy Advisory Committee has approved the interprovincial billing rates for these services.
All relevant Quebec claims will continue to be billed using the updated, combined outpatient billing rate sheet that includes physician compensation for non-invasive and diagnostic procedures through the Reciprocal Hospital Billing System (RHBS) for the 2022-23 fiscal year.
Please forward this bulletin and its attachments to your hospital’s out-of-province billing department to ensure efficient processing of your hospital's reciprocal billing claims.
Should you have any further inquiries, need clarification regarding any of the information presented here, or be interested in obtaining a copy of the Ontario Hospital Reciprocal Billing Manual, please contact the ministry via e-mail at Hospitals.Branch-HSQFD@ontario.ca.
Attachments: Interprovincial Hospital Billing Rates for 2022-23 Fiscal Year
- 2022-23 Interprovincial Billing Rates for Outpatient Services, Effective for Visits on or after April 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Outpatient Services, Billing Rate Sheet that Includes Physician Compensation (For Quebec Claims Only).
- 2022-23 Ontario Hospital Interprovincial Per Diem Rates for Inpatient Services, Effective April 1, 2022
- Services Excluded Under the Canadian Interprovincial Agreements for Reciprocal Processing of Out-of-Province Hospital Claims
- Valid Insured Health Services Plan Cards for Reciprocal Billing
- 2022-23 Rates for Services for Well Newborns Provided on or after April 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Rates for High-Cost Transplants, Effective for Discharges on or after April 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Rates for Special Implants and Device, Effective for Interventions on or after April 1, 2022
- FAQs regarding the 2022-23 Ontario Hospital Interprovincial Billing Rates